The mechanical assembly group builds precision mechanical subassemblies and integrates them into higher level assemblies. The skill set requires use of mechanical assembly tools, i.e. wrenches, drivers, machining tools, precision measurement devices, gauges…
- Assembly and integration of precision mechanical and optical subassemblies into complex systems
- Initial setup, alignment, and verification of precision assemblies at system level
- Assists in the generation of new product or subassembly documentation and work instructions
- Modification of parts using machine tools to resolve design and quality issues.
- Provides feedback to engineering regarding errors or omissions in existing documentation
- Assists in the completion of ERP paperwork for proper processing and costing of jobs