Assembler, Single-Use Process Solutions (Weekend 2nd shift)
Manufactures single-use biocontainers, assembles single-use biopharmaceutical systems, packages/ships finished products. All duties will be performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following, which may be amended at any time:
- Assembles single-use assemblies according to design specifications which will be communicated via engineering drawings and SOPs.
- Interfaces with computers/software which facilitates all phases of production activity including tracking of production order status, electronic batch record generation, lot control, inventory control, etc.
- Reads SOPs to properly perform necessary manufacturing operations.
- Adjusts machine settings according to SOPs.
- Observes automatic machinery and notifies production supervisor of any irregularities.
- Initiates welding cycle of various pieces of machinery involved in production of single-use biocontainers.
- Examines and tests single-use products at various stages of production, according to SOPs, to detect nonstandard or defective assemblies.
- Cleans equipment at various stages of production.
- Maintains meticulous records of production and defects.
- Visually inspects all finished product for adherence to design specifications as well as packaging and labeling accuracy.
- Assists with packaging/shipping of all finished product.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Production Skills are trained by Meissner Personnel. No other training is required. A personal commitment to produce the highest quality product possible is essential.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to record production results.
- COMPUTER SKILLS Basic computer skills are essential with ability to quickly learn customized software applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any required lifting over 50 pounds is to be performed as a team, using any appropriate tools to assist; including lifts, cranes, carts, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Single-Use Production is performed in an ISO Class 7 cleanroom environment. Powder free gloves, face masks, hairnets, gowns and shoe covers must be worn. Shorts, loose or baggy clothing is not permitted. Makeup, hair styling products, soiled, fuzzy or frayed clothing must not be worn into the cleanroom. Because smokers continue to shed thousands of smoke particles even hours after smoking a cigarette and these particles will damage our products, only non-smokers are permitted to enter or work in the cleanroom.
Each employee of the Company is an at‑will employee, unless specifically notified otherwise in writing. This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed with or without cause. It also means an employee may terminate their employment at any time, for any reason, and the Company has the same right to terminate an employees’ employment at any time for any reason.
Meissner Filtration Products is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.