At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Manually places parts on circuit boards in accordance with workmanship standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Follow detailed verbal or written instructions, including visual aids.
· Perform basic, standardized and repetitive electronic assembly operations and labeling of components, assemblies or subassemblies.
· Prepare and manually assemble inserted components per visual aids, upon verification of specs from visual aid.
· Visually inspect parts for proper insertion and placement.
· Utilize bar code scanner and small hand tools.
· Ensure assemblies and components are properly handled and marked.
· Accurately maintain progress reports; monitor and restock parts bins as required.
· Work under direct, close supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor or Line Manger, or other management as assigned.
· Maintain 5S order and cleanliness in the assigned area at all times.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.