Assembler Mechanical - Hiring Immediately!
The Assembly Mechanic will develop experience with forklifts, cranes, blueprints, hand tools, precision measurement equipment, and various manufacturing/maintenance processes. The assembly Mechanic will need to have good work ethics, positive attitudes, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. The current opening offers competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will
- Have experience with forklifts, cranes, blueprints, hand tools, and precision equipment.
- Use various manufacturing and maintenance processes
- Assemble and analyze disassembly problems.
- Assemble items according to specifications
- Record damaged and scrapped parts by taking photographs. Will report these damages to supervisors
- Needs a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
What you’ll need
- High school diploma or GED
- Related Mechanic experience
- Ability to stand, crouch, kneel, and climb stairs for long period of time
- Ability to lift up 50 lbs.
- Basic math skills.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.