Disassemble and reassemble large industry equipment used by a variety of steel producers. We offer benefits, paid time off, paid on-the-job training, apprenticeships and more!
Who we are…
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will –
- Be mechanically inclined with the ability to dismantle, repair and reassemble large equipment used in steel manufacturing. Plans/performs disassembly and assembly work
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices and installs and/or replaces with new or reconditioned repair parts. May require the use of hoists, cranes, hand and/or power tools.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of detailed drawings and/or blueprints in the performance of diagnostic troubleshooting and/or repair of most plant equipment.
- Assure quality and production requirements are met.
- Completes forms and related paperwork
- Keeps work area, tools and equipment clean and orderly
- Knowledge of slings, cranes and rigging equipment. Lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
- Reviews and assists with development of all job related JSA’s/Work Instructions
- Moves equipment, and parts using the fork truck, crane, or other material handling equipment. Knowledge of slings, cranes and rigging equipment. Lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
- Assists other employees as directed by management or group leaders
- Is a safety minded worker who is drug free and dependable with an excellent attendance record Reports and/or corrects all unsafe conditions immediately
- Mentors other employees as needed
What you’ll need –
- A positive attitude and a desire to work for a global leader in the metals industry!
- The drive to learn and develop a career in a fast-paced, growing industry.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Hazard Recognition – understands hazards of the job assignments before starting a job
- Measuring – use various measuring devices and gauges as required
- Blueprint reading - interprets drawings
- Cranes – lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, performs daily crane inspections, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
- Forklift – drive safely, load and unload, refuel, perform daily forklift inspections
- Work from bills of material, purchasing lists, shipping documents and parts/ shop supplies
- Reading / Writing skills (literacy) as required
- Completes all training and education deemed necessary by management
- Work from bills of material, purchasing lists, shipping documents and parts/shop supplies
What we do …
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.