The Assembly Mechanic, located in East Pittsburgh, will develop experience with forklifts, cranes, blueprints, hand tools, precision measurement equipment, and various manufacturing/maintenance processes. The assembly Mechanic will need to have good work ethics, positive attitudes, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. The current opening offers competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
Who we are
At SMS Group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will
- Remove fasteners by using wrenches, torches, and other power and hand tools
- Assess and analyze equipment conditions and failures such as broken bearings, housings, and rolls
- Assemble/Disassemble bearing housing, and rotary joints from rolls using hand tools
- Assemble/Disassemble pipping using basic hand tools
- Organize and label parts that have been disassembled, put part into proper cages and relocate cages to designated location
- Willingness to learn how to perform basic burning, and use of measuring equipment
- Willing and able to learn how to properly operate a forklift and overhead cranes
- Record damaged and scrapped parts by taking photographs as well as other documentation and notifying supervisors
- Must be willing to work in Field service which may include travel and multiple overnight stays
- Completes forms, routers and related documentation
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned
What you’ll need
- Related Mechanic experience
- Be able to stand, crouch, kneel and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability follow written and oral instructions.
- Basic math and computer skills
What we offer
- Union employment
- Competitive benefit packages including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401 (k) with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Personal time off
- Provided Uniform and tools
- Various shifts and overtime opportunities
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.