Assembler Manufacturing Position 3rd Shift - Starting at $21/hour
Assembler Manufacturing Position - THIRD Shift - $21
$21.00 per Hour! MI Windows and Doors is looking for FULL TIME dependable people to join our manufacturing family as production Window Assemblers. We are GROWING & Promote from Within!
* THIRD SHIFT Opportunities Sunday - Thursday Nights
Under $10/week Healthcare; FREE Short & Long Term Disability; FREE Life insurance; Flexible Paid Time Off, 401(k) match, Tuition Reimbursement, Affordable Comprehensive Benefit Package including Company-Funded Health Savings Account & Eight Paid Holidays! - Super Fast Tracked Interviews and Onboarding!
Team member health and safety are top priorities. MI has enhanced COVID-19 safety protocols in place to promote a healthy work environment. We even hosted an FREE onsite COVID Vaccine Clinic for our team members.
To safely and efficiently fabricate and assemble precision-built windows and/or sliding glass doors and various sub-components within established quality standards. General Labor. Full Time. Production Workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE
- Effectively communicate and actively participate within a goal-orientated team environment
- Read and interpret production orders for specifications such as material type, size, and color
- Operate a chop saw to cut material to correct length
- Operate industrial fabrication equipment to process material (i.e. saws, punches, drills, routers, etc.)
- Operate pneumatic hand tools in the fabrication and assembly process
- Assemble and install insulated glass panels into sash and/or frame
- Install and attach hardware
- Inspect work-in-process and finished units to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Package, wrap, and stack completed units for shipment
- Actively participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Overtime required, as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend basic work instructions, standard procedures, and production orders
- Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and understand a basic tape measure to an increment of 1/16 inch
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent and sustained basis
- Capability to stand and move frequently while performing repetitive assembly tasks
- Possess a collaborative, team-driven attitude. Team members rely on each other to complete required tasks in order to meet daily and weekly production schedules, and as a result a good attendance record and a team focus is critical
- Be quality and precision-driven, and able to follow all quality and safety requirements
- Have a customer service mentality and a strong desire to meet daily production goals so the organization can meet and exceed customer expectations
- Show strong reasoning and creative problem-solving skills to overcome production challenges
- Previous experience in a team assembly environment is a plus
MI Windows and Doors is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other applicable legally protected category.