Job Title: Assembler – Intermediate
Reports To:: Assembly Manufacturing Supervisor
Intermediate-Level position responsible for assembling of industrial equipment/components, with moderate supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all HSE guidelines
- Utilizes working knowledge and assistance of the installation of different types of major components.
- Understands and Interpret schematic diagrams to install components
- General knowledge of Rigging and lifting components.
- Operate Hoist or moving / lifting equipment
- Read tape measure and basic math skills
- Capable of tack weld
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Capable of completing Safety, production and quality forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Requires employee to rarely type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as a copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Requires frequent operation of heavy equipment such as crane, welding tools and scissor lift
- Participate in group discussions and meetings
- Maintains equipment and clean work areas
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Ability to read General Arrangements and P&ID drawings
- 2-5 years working in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or 2 years of relevant experience and/or training
- Vocational or technical education a plus
Required Experience & Skills
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must meet all OSHA regulations
- Forklift certification required
- Ability to communicate in English
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of Forklift and Man Lift
- Requires employee to stand for at least 90% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 10% of the time
- Requires employee to frequently inspect equipment, climb stairs or ladders and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work from heights above 4ft
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including all weather conditions & unairconditioned facility
- Requires work on loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self constantly in different positions, stoop, kneel, crouch to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, gloves, fall protection as applicable.
- Position rarely requires travel
- Position rarely requires employee drive