The Assembler II performs repetitive assembly operations to mass-produce products such as windows, doors, trusses, panels, or stairs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Bolts, clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together.
- Removes defective products as needed.
- Tends machines to perform force fitting or fastening operations on assembly line.
- Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Works in environment where tasks change as varying models of product are produced.
- Cleans equipment, floors, and work areas according to safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior carpentry experience.
- - Focuses on solving conflict; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Interpersonal Skills
- - Speaks clearly in situations; Listens and gets clarification. Oral Communication
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Teamwork -
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Quality -
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Quantity -
- - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Safety and Security
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Adaptability -
- Dependability -
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must continuously lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Will be required to wear ear plugs for noise protection as well as eye protection and other personal protective equipment required by the location
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish Apply Now