The assembler position will work on the electrical and mechanical assembly and final integration of switchgear products. This position will work alongside team members of other departments to complete tasks as required.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electrical and mechanical assembly prints
- Mechanical aptitude; excel at the physical assembly of parts
- Familiarity with electrical wiring and assembly
- Ability to direct others on how to assemble tasks and lead a crew
- Advance knowledge of hand tools
- Assemble products to completion following electrical drawings and schematics
- Read/Interpret electrical and mechanical assembly fabrication drawings
- Work independently and follow a production schedule
- Participate in shop cleanup activities
- Communicate with Shop Leads regarding quality and production schedules
- Assist coworkers with other tasks as assigned
- Operate within the requirements of an ISO 9001 Quality System
- Follow company Safety, Quality, Environmental ensure and maintain compliance with safety, operational, and regulatory standards of Quality
- Has the obligation to be aware of and comply with environmental, safety policies and regulations and always endures duties of high-quality standards
Hours: Occasional overtime is a requirement of this job, and these hours may change to meet the needs of our business.
1st Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 3:30 pm - 12:00 am*
*Includes an additional shift pay differential
BREAK/LUNCH: 30 minutes lunch, plus two 15 minute breaks, to be determined by manager
UNION: IBEW Local Union 3
BENEFITS: Please reference the IBEW Local 3 Union Contract for details on all benefits.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/HRA/Annuity - 6 months from date of hire
- Vacation Time - will begin effective June 30th, after 6 months of continuous employment.
- Sick Time - will begin after 1 year of continuous employment.
- Mandatory Union Dues - $6/week, $24/month
- Mandatory One Time $176 Union Application Fee
- 12 Paid Holidays
Raycap is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status. We participate in E-verify for all employment verifications. Drug-free workplace