The Assembler I is an entry-level position that performs repetitive assembly operations to mass-produce products such as windows, doors, trusses, panels, or stairs by performing the following duties.
Starting Pay - $20.00 Per Hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Bolts, clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together.
- Cut products to specific measurements as needed.
- Removes defective products as needed.
- Tends machines to perform force fitting or fastening operations on assembly line.
- Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Works in environment where tasks change as varying models of product are produced.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- There are no requirements in terms of education or experience.
- Prior carpentry experience helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Verbal expression ability to effectively present information, in both individual and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must continuously lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Will be required to wear ear plugs for noise protection as well as eye protection and other personal protective equipment required by the location.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish Apply Now