Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. The company offers a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, tactical and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking an Assembler 3 to join our growing facility in Camden, Arkansas.
Performs tasks required to produce solid propellant and assembles rocket motors to a point where they are ready for shipment. Works with direct supervision, following formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions.
Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
80% - Performs pressure tests and bonds; assembles and package parts. Cast propellant, clean and assemble equipment, cleans tools, parts, and work area.
10% - Maintains records related to rocket manufacture and performs environmental duties listed below:
1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations.
2. Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations.
3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units.
4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department.
5. In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan.
10% - Line motor cases.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Perform other duties as assigned to support production demands.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred and 3 years of related experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver Level is required for this position.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Previous Mechanical experience is desired.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Will be exposed to chemicals/propellant. Workplace may involve a variety of conditions including but not limited to: outdoor environments, elevated structures and excavations, areas where chemical materials may be encountered, shop environments and construction sites. Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment.