Assembler **1,500 Signing Bonus**
About JLG, an Oshkosh company
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products—including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories—can be found all over the world.
Location: Shippensburg, PA
2nd Shift: Mon-Thur** 4pm to 2am
**(Mandatory OT on Friday and possible Saturday)
Weekend Fri, Sat & Sun 5am to 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position general responsibilities are as follows:
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Assemble parts, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto trucks utilizing power equipment and wrenching techniques
- Drill holes for wires, hoses and small parts
- Operate a torch, plasma cutter, or grinder to cut and shape parts
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Install various truck accessories (decals, mud flaps, cameras, lights)
- Lift and stack completed subassemblies and parts up to 40 lbs and team lift up to 80lbs.
- Train and work in various areas of assembly in response to production demands
- Follow verbal and written work instructions
- Attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Must be able to work overtime and/or 7 days a week
- Regular attendance required
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of experience in a manufacturing or general labor industry
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an assembly or mechanical occupation
- On-the-job training
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.