Assembler 1 assembles components and machine tools under supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Access and understand daily and weekly schedules.
- Find, read & follow work instructions displayed electronically (iPad).
- Access SAP, uses and understands applicable Transaction-Codes (T-Codes).
- Use all required gages .
- Identify potential problems.
- Correctly perform one of the following processes:
- Sheet metal enclosures or casting assembly or wiring or packing.
- Simple rotary assemblies.
- Follows safety requirements within the department.
- Use the correct hand tools and applicable equipment.
- Employees are expected to follow instructions, procedures and to escalate any issue impacting workflow, quality, etc. Additionally, there are high value items that require proper care and protection.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Haas internal assembly process certifications required.
- Understands threads, fasteners and use of torque wrenches.
- Understands Bill of Materials (BOM's).
- Employees must exhibit honesty and integrity as well as demonstrate adherence to rules, procedures and policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE) credential such as general education degree (GED) is required, plus an additional 1-2 years related experience, training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions; such as short correspondence and memos in English.
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out written, oral, and/or diagram instruction forms. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, to reach with hands and arms, to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crawl. Employee must frequently lift/move test equipment and other objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employee must be able to operate both powered and non-powered material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jack, cranes, and mobile straddle stacker lift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. In addition, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.