Job Location: ACCURUS AEROSPACE WICHITA - Wichita, KS
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Manufacturing
ACCURUS AEROSOPACE-WICHITA, LLC
Job Title: Assembler
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Utilize various hand tools, Pneumatic tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to assemble a variety of sheet metal aircraft components and structures into major assemblies per instructions and blueprint drawings. Inspect completed work for conformance to Production Planning, verbal and written instructions, sketches and specifications.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, such as protractors and dividers, following blueprint station lines and index points. Trims and files parts to fit, and verifies fitting tolerances, using measuring instruments, such as gauges and calipers
- Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly, using hand tools and Pneumatic tools.
- Installs parts and components, such as incidental plumbing, electrical, rigging, or other functional items, in main structure, using hand tools and Pneumatic tools. May specialize in assembling and installing parts, structural components, and subassemblies to build assemblies and detail parts.
- Locates holes to be drilled in structural assembly for installation of parts and components, using jigs, templates, and measuring instruments.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated focus on Safety and adherence to all safety rules and practices.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (ITAR requirement)
- Minimum 1 year previous related manufacturing experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Sealing Experience (Pre-pack, Dobb, Fay, Fillet, Cap Seal)
- Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management and co-workers
- Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
- Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisors direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Wichita, KS
- Previous experience operating hand tools such as rivet guns, drills, sealing guns.
- Previous experience Drivematic riveting machine.
- Own personal tools such as Calipers, Indicators and Micrometers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.). Minimum 3 years experience is preferred.
- Strong work history
- Include standing for long periods of time, reaching, lifting and bending. Working with machine tooling equipment also comes with certain safety hazards. Structural Sheet Metal Assemblers must be able to follow equipment safety rules and use safe work practices to control these hazards. Some requirements include wearing the correct personal protective equipment, including safety glasses and earplugs, due to flying material bits and machine noise.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Physical & Other Job Requirements:
- Lift up to 50lbs, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity.
- Must own tools supply for daily tasks (i.e. micrometers, indicators, edge finders, etc.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
Education/Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED. Preferred but not required.
- Experience working with Toyoda Machines and Machining Cell Systems
- Basic Math skills
- Two years experience either in a production or job shop environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic blueprints/engineering drawings and work order instructions.
- Understanding and exposure to three and four axis machining.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to take verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of G-Code programming.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills.