This position is responsible for the assembly, complete machine documentation and other various assembly operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build standard machine as required by daily shipping report; follow checklists and manufacturing order definitions.
- Refer to machine check lists as steps of assembly operation - before release to testing.
- Record and complete machine documentation information, such as (Serial number, Date, Model, Initials) on machine completions log book.
- Verify M.O. matched actual approved machine and contents of M.O. including correct materials and labor time.
- Report defective assemblies or components to final Assembly Lead and replace as required.
- Assist with other machine assemblies as required.
- Build custom machines as required or assigned.
- Perform production unit clean up tasks as assigned in work instruction and safety standards. Sweep machine building path daily or as required.
High school diploma or equivalent; previous machine assembly experience preferred but not required. Must be mechanically inclined.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to read interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and write and speak English effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ideal candidate will possess problem solving skills, dependability and will observe all safety and security guidelines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with non-A/C working environment.
- Must be able to work around mechanical / pneumatic tools and be able to use them.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced working environment, and be multi-tasked.
- Must be dependable, accountable and have good attendance.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, including Saturday’s as work demands.
Let’s create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity