The assembler performs routine production assembly, performing intricate fitting, placement, adjusting & aligning of repeatable processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments, and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Assembles mechanical units or fabricated parts at floor stations to make subassemblies or complete units.
- Uses hand tools and light power tools and equipment to fit, align, calibrate and adjust parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements.
- Repairs units, structures and products which have failed to meet requirements.
- Maintains accurate daily production output, scrap counts and records this information on daily worksheets.
- Cleaning, maintaining and PMs of tools, equipment, fixtures, molds and general work area.
- Works in other production job classifications as required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills