Assembles metal products such as brakes, valves, hydraulic cylinders partially or completely working at a bench or on shop floor.
· Positions parts a
· Positions parts according to work instructions or following blueprints.
· Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
· Removes small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
· Operates drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
· Dissembles brake boosters, air-brake compressors, and values for salvage of parts.
· Participate in and support Carlisle Operating System (COS) initiatives.
· Participate in COS events to improve productivity and reduce waste.
· Work with management team t identify continuous improvement projects utilizing lean and six sigma principles to drive operational excellence and improve profitability.
· Work with management team to promote waste identification and elimination by utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and principles of Kaizen.
· Other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager.