Job ID: 316279
APAC-Atlantic, part of CRH’s South Division, is a leader in the production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, serving the Coastal Georgia and Low Country South Carolina markets for over 70 years. No matter how big or small the paving project is, APAC-Atlantic’s goal on any project is to finish on time and on budget. But most importantly, our goal is to make sure the project uses the right materials and construction methods proven to last. From paving and project management to materials, we have you covered. Are you ready to join the best in the business? At APAC-Atlantic, we’re more than just a team. We’re a family. APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
ASPHALT PAVING OPERATOR - SAVANNAH, GA
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, APAC ATLANTIC has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways operating paving machine.
- Must operate paving machine to apply asphalt per plan and quality specifications as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met. Also must perform additional tasks of other positions as needed and instructed by foreman
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Physical ability to operate paving machine under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate other equipment required on an asphalt crew
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to follow Traffic Control Crew instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet APAC Driver Qualification Standard.
- Ability to operate paving machine within designated area with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship
- Ability to guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to machine hopper.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of machine spreads and levels asphalt on subgrade of highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc.
- May perform other related duties such as adding or removing screed extensions, installing or removing automatic devices, grade log or other accessories associated with the machine.
- Following motions may be required: climbing, sitting, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pushing, pulling, vibration, twisting, kneeling, throwing, reaching
- May be required to use the following tools beyond paving machine: screwdriver, electric drills drift pins, pneumatic tools, brooms, pick, mattock, axe, brush hook, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps(both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw, sledge hammer, as well as, other tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience operating a paving machine or like equipment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.