Mechanic needed at Premier Magnesia, LLC in Aspers, PA. Full-time position (with hourly wage and overtime) expected to work closely with Lead Mechanic and Plant Manager.
Mechanic will assist with oversight and maintenance of ALL capital assets utilized in the handling and processing of non-hazardous raw materials and to fabricate quality, non-hazardous chemical finished goods. And will also engage with finished goods production, and product beneficiation, on a daily basis. The Mechanic role will require a solid foundation in industrial equipment operation; both preventative and reactive maintenance; capital project execution; problem diagnosis and troubleshooting; and eye for desirable upgrades/improvements in operation. Associate Degree level, or equivalent work/education experience recommended. Applicants must not mind getting DIRTY on the job!
- Minimum 3 years-experience as industrial systems maintenance mechanic (or similar) role
- Willingness to start from the ground level; but learn processes (with a focus on “batching”), and advance within the organization
- Background and thorough understanding of various industrial components – such pumps, mechanical mixers, ball mills, control panels, etc.
- Experience with operating hand and power tools, industrial lifts, etc. – when necessary
- Desire to work in an elevated environment – such as the tops of tanks, from a man-lift, etc.
- Desire to work in an enclosed environment – such as inside bulk tanks (utilizing appropriate, confined-space work techniques)
- Ability to cooperate with co-works and cohorts.
- Ability to represent company in professional and tactful manner
- Genuine desire to complete a job REGARDLESS of how dirty it may get
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Premier Magnesia, LLC provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal laws and any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation and training.