Responsible for the management and direction of an ESC Production shift team. Ensuring production standards are met around such key areas as Customer Service, Quality, Safety, and GMP compliance.
• Coordinates daily production activities and resources to ensure operational metrics are achieved.
• Comprehends the regulatory environment and MJN policies for the shift team, and ensures production systems, documentation and process are in compliance at all times.
• Responsibilities include overseeing the accurate and timely completion of production records.
• Develops personal knowledge of equipment and manufacturing systems to provide a highly competent resource for the shift team.
• Provides technical expertise to resolve and/or troubleshoot production-related issues.
• Builds technical competencies within the production shift team by sharing knowledge, coaching, and providing for ongoing training.
• Ability to communicate issues, goals and objectives effectively and manage competing requests in a complex, changing environment.
• Ensures shift team implements and utilizes solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, continuous improvement and optimization of manufacturing processes.
• Develops shift team and builds and effective operating culture by utilizing a performance management system that sets clear expectations, provides on-going coaching, and assesses employee performance.
• Communicates and coordinates work activities with other shifts, as well as other areas within the broader operational organization.
• Utilization of HR software systems to manage employee transactions.
• Manages compliance with all HR policies, and administers employee relation matters in an effective and timely manner.
• Work hours will include those hours worked by shift team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field preferred.
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with leadership experience.
• Experience working within a FDA regulated environment preferred.
• Technical knowledge of manufacturing food products is preferred.
• Proven communication skills that will allow interaction at all levels of the manufacturing organization.
• Experience leading a production team in a complex, changing environment to deliver results to the organizations.
• Experience in a processing and packaging industry, preferably in liquids, powder or food based environment.
• Experience using continuous improvement and problem solving tools to drive significant business results in key metrics.
• Experience working on cross functional teams within a broader organization preferred.
• Basic computer skills required (i.e., Windows, SAP, WINS, Microsoft Office).
• Able to rotate between different shifts and/or departments as required by business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.