Shifts: graveyard shift
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Salary: $30.29-$35.48 DOE
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service *
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment.
Position Overview: Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe, electrical and hydraulic systems in industrial establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
• Operate, maintain and repair Tetra Pak Straw Applicator.
• Operate, maintain and repair Muerer Multi Packer.
• Operate, maintain and repair Primary Package Conveyors.
• Operate, maintain and repair conveyor controls and devices.
• Basic hydraulic knowledge and experience.
• Bearings, belts, sprockets and chain inspection and maintenance.
• General plumbing repairs.
• Perform Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures when necessary.
• Inspect and maintain sanitary pumps, valves and fittings.
• Inspect Maintain and repair loading docks and controls.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
• Regular and punctual attendance
• Keep tools and work area clean and sanitary.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Basic welding and metal fabrication knowledge and experience.
• Working at Heights, Scissor and Boom Lift certification required.
• Perform daily boiler room inspection.
• Repair Baler and Baler Cuber.
• Inspect and repair and Maintain Bulk Sweetener System.
• Inspect and repair Cooling Towers.
• Repair and maintain Repack equipment at the Distribution Center.
• Repair and maintain Waste Water Treatment System.
• Operate and repair Air Compressors, including Atlas Copco and Kobelco compressors.
• Repair roll up doors.
• Operate and repair Air Dryers.
• Repair yard security gates and controls.
• Support Aseptic Batch Room.
• Repair Aseptic Clean in Place (CIP) system.
• Repair Aseptic Filler TETRA-PAK A3CF.
• Repair Aseptic multi pack conveyors.
• Repair Aseptic Processors 1 &2.
• Repair Hartness Helix ACC.
• Repair Line Controller 30.
• Repair Meurer Tray Packer.
• Electrical, single/three phase troubleshooting knowledge.
• Electrical, low voltage troubleshooting knowledge.
• VFD troubleshooting and installation knowledge.
• Competent Boiler Attendant certification.
• Treated Water RO System maintenance.
• UV Systems maintenance.
• Basic electrical knowledge.
• Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
• Observes safety and security procedures.
• Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
• Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
• Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
• Must have a cooperative attitude.
• Must have the ability to follow-up.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Two or more years of related experience in can or bottle production and/or training -or- equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to climb up and down stairs and perform repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V