Location: West Sacramento, CA
Salary: $18.20-$22.34 DOE
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service**
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Overview: Operates machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Inspect pallets of aseptic product cases and individual boxes for ink smears, pinched/folded corners or flaps, correct and legible expiration codes, straws and leakage; dispose of leaking product, create full cases of product, shrink wrap cases and pallets.
- Complete line testing and monitoring on aseptic packaging, and record results on inspection sheets; complete necessary documentation.
- Perform daily cleaning of Aseptic line to include: sweeping/washing/drying floors, wiping down machine surfaces, clearing trench drains, and disposing of trash, cardboard, towels and other debris. Complete documentation.
- Complete weekly cleaning of Aseptic line to include: sweeping/washing/buffing floors, removing all trash and trash bins from area, wiping down machines, polishing exterior surfaces of machines and completing documentation.
- Safely operate “Walk and Push” floor scrubber.
- Safely operate baler.
- Safely operate single and double forklift.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Safely operate multi-packer to include: preparing and setting up machine, preparing and setting up packaging materials, starting production, evaluating packages, completing documentation and shutting down machine.
- Safely operate case packer to include: preparing and setting up case packer, starting production, performing and documenting required line checks, stopping and clearing case packer as needed and shutting down machine.
- Safely operate shrink tunnel to include: staging shrink film rolls near machine, starting up shrink tunnel, monitoring production to identify problems, stopping machine as necessary and shutting down machine.
- Safely operate case coder to include: setting up machine using specifications on criteria sheets and shutting down machine.
- Clean multi-packer by: shutting down machine, covering electrical components, cleaning lane and shrink areas, wiping down control panel and shrink tunnel, wiping down electrical components, and completing required documentation.
- Clean case packer by: clearing product and trays, cleaning up excess glue, washing case packer, wiping down control panels, cleaning windows and completing required documentation.
- Clean in Place (CIP) shrink tunnel to include: clearing products from shrink tunnel, cleaning belt, cleaning roller track, wiping down exterior surfaces and completing required documentation.
- Complete monthly cleaning of Aseptic line by: cleaning hard to reach areas or items that require disassembly by the maintenance department and completing proper documentation.
- Set up and ensure proper product change over on multi-packer.
- Set up and ensure proper product change over on case packer.
- Enter and verify code and format.
- As needed, access inventory/warehouse management system to create Bill of Lading (BOL).
- Competency and attainment determined by job performance.
- Works unsupervised.
- Assist with training Downline, Filler and Blender Operators.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance and check results for accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures, records potentially unsafe conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), three to six months related experience and/or training -or- equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be computer literate and proficient in math
- Single and double forklift certification
Language Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, push, and pull. The employee is regularly required to climb up and down stairs, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is regularly required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, lift, pick/pinch, or grasp. The employee must frequently lift and /or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as operate production machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and moving motor vehicles. Employee is occasionally exposed to electrical currents, fumes or chemicals. Employee is regularly exposed to changes in production facility temperature based on environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V