RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Effectively manage shift communication with other Area Supervisors throughout shift, and alternate shift Area Supervisors at shift change
- Manage work assignments for shift
- Ensures daily metrics and priorities are being documented and achieved, otherwise creating a corrective action to move forward
- Manage day to day activities of direct workforce, timecards, performance, safety audits, quarterly evaluations, annual training document review
- Audits orders for efficiencies.
- Responds to and manage emergencies, equipment break downs, and power outages in the area and escalate as needed
- Enforces and monitors manufacturing documentation; IPI’s, SOP’s
- Maintains training documents for area and ensures employees are trained accordingly
- Escalate MRB’s, maintenance and material Issues, etc. to necessary individuals outside of production
- Responsible for production performance to meet and exceed company metrics
- Maintain communication with Production Manager and escalate issues and concerns as they arise
- Provides leadership to the Trainers and Production staff.
- Safety champion for Production, ensures that all employees are following and adhering to safety and health policies. Ensure RPN’s (Risk Priority Analysis) are being complete for shift. Completes safety incidents and investigations
- Leads daily tier management for area
- Member of the safety team and CPR certified
- Driver of workflow through the production floor.
- Creates and Enforces development plans for operators
- Manages attendance of direct reports
- Works with Human Resources to resolve any employee relation issues or concerns.
- Partners with all supporting departments to ensure efficiencies throughout the shop floor
- Process Improvement leader for area and fosters a CI culture
- Participates in the recruiting and retention process for new hires
- Coordinates machine and area downtime while working with maintenance/engineering
- Fill in for other Area Supervisor’s during absence
- High School Diploma required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Production employees report to this position.
- 7+ years of operations experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment and experience managing others also required.
- Fork Truck Certified or willing to become certified
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma, SPC, and Lean manufacturing implementation and concepts a plus.
- Experience with other parts of the Order Fulfillment process (customer service, order management, materials management, production planning, or logistics) a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills to be able to present, compromise, persuade, coach, confront, problem solve and negotiate.
- Must have experience with MRP systems. Must have desktop computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. This role consists of extended periods of sitting, standing, stooping and walking and use hands to finger, ability to grasp with both hands, handle, or feel. This position requires the ability to move throughout the plant, office areas, and up and down stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, 80 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position also required the ability to follow safety procedures including: PPE (Safety Glasses, Safety Shoes), Potential Hazards - Bending and Ergonomics - Follow correct lifting procedures.
- Work in office environment with frequent exposure to a manufacturing/factory environment
- Frequently required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Travel: Less than 10%
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.