Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Area Service Leader position is responsible for providing the leadership for all service activities from the installation of new equipment or implementation of a services contract through lifetime connectivity with that customer. Processes within that oversight include support of sales through contract pricing on parts and service, field service coordination, management of technicians and service supervisors, customer satisfaction, and responsibility for the revenue and margin of the parts and service business within the geography. Provides strategy for connectivity and services growth within the defined region. This position is responsible for service growth for 4 office locations within the West Region (Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix and San Diego).
- Collaborate with sales on contract pricing of parts and services to maintain and enhance profitable service operations.
- Accountable for full services portfolio performance of defined portion of the Area. Ensure technicians training and skill level is appropriately balanced to service customers, and leverage resources across the district. This includes emergency repair (break /fix), regular maintenance contracts, scheduled work and upgrades, installations, replacement components (parts), and long-term service agreements (Package Care).
- Accountable for the DSOR, MDI and service coordination process/function (via our IDM process). Will partner with the Operations Leader who is responsible for the DSOR, MDI and service coordination process/function.
- Effectively attract, coach, counsel, train and develop all service employees. Drive continuous improvement through company performance management process and technical product training programs available. Develop employee skill levels, including customer service, process and technical skills, to the highest degree possible.
- Proactively build the technician and supervisor pipeline (internally and externally) and strategically manage your workforce to prevent resource gaps.
- Maximize cash flow by ensuring invoices are generated immediately upon completion of work, managing expense budgets, and increasing utilization of the service team. Ensure that standard service work processes are created and followed. Improve transactional processes impacting the customer experience and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety compliance within service team. Provide training to all employees to ensure a safe and productive work environment both in the shop and at customer sites.
- Visit customers on a regular basis to build relationships and provide solutions.
- Participate in local associations or groups to build external awareness and network.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related discipline; Engineering, Technical, Marketing or Business preferred. Technical capabilities are a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in industrial product space, preferably with a diverse product portfolio including service offerings.
- Leadership skills are essential. Individual must be able to manage an hourly technical workforce, including remote employees, as well as salaried staff.
- Work is completed through other employees, so this person must excel at hiring, developing, training, coaching, leading and motivating a diverse workforce for optimal results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.