Area Sales Managers are responsible for meeting or exceeding company sales, marketing and financial goals by organizing, directing, motivating and developing a team of Field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives and by focusing a significant portion of time in the field, coaching associates and cultivating key accounts.
- Manages team by coaching, performing all evaluations and overseeing performance management plans of Field Sales Managers.
- Ensures adherence to all CSG Work Rules and Corrective Action Policy standards by keeping associates responsible for standards and following the appropriate course of action in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with Human Resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Coaches Field Sales Managers on how to develop Sales Representatives to achieve continual improvement and enhanced results by spending a significant portion of time in the field surveying accounts, observing Field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives during sales calls and providing constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation by maintaining a frequent presence with strategic accounts and establishing relationships with key decision makers; assists Field Sales Managers in the resolution of account level problems and escalates customer challenges to the Division Manager when necessary.
- Manages sales goal process by providing feedback to Division Managers on allocated goals, recommending changes when necessary, reviewing objectives with Field Sales Manager and Sales Representative and coaching team on how to meet objectives.
- Evaluates Field Sales Managers’ performance weekly by analyzing territory level results versus the monthly objectives and conducting individual meetings with each member of the Field Sales Management team as well team meetings to strategize on how to close any gaps.
- As applicable, supports the attainment of divisional financial goals by closely managing expense budgets, promotional budgets and accounts receivable objectives.
- Follows CSG training policy and procedures by ensuring that the training manual components are completed in a consistent manner by all team members including conducting coaching calls, work-withs and associate reviews.
- Performs all necessary administrative functions by approving T&Es, invoices and samples, and validating sales goals and incentives monthly (authentication of achievement).
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- 8 to 10 years industry experience with several years Field Sales Manager experience.
- 3-5 years experience of managing direct reports
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- bi-lingual a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Thinks outside the box; searches for innovative solutions.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required. Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
Breakthru Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here
, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.