Sonendo, is a medical technology company with a unique mission to lead the transformation of dentistry through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation that is committed to collaboration and integrity. We believe our success is based on developing disruptive technologies, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
The Area Sales Director is a proven commercial leader who is responsible for the management of Sonendo’s GentleWave System, procedure instrument and consumable growth across a specified geography. Leading a team of Areas Sales Managers (Capital) and Area Sales Representatives (Consumable), the Areas Sales Director oversees the sales channel development for current and future business opportunities and delivers results in line with corporate growth strategy. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grow the quality and the quantity of their sales organization through effective leadership and coaching
- Achieve results in line with company requirements through activity management associated with key strategies
- Develop and deploy key sales initiatives within targeted territories to support business goals
- Ensure that the Area Sales Managers and Area Sales Representatives collaborate effectively in the planning and delivery of projects and programs
- Select, train and manage Sales Managers and Representatives who can attain and develop effective sales relationships
- Proactively engage and work closely with the other members of the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT) to define key commercial strategies and tactics
- Support the development of compensation plans linked to maximizing opportunities for increased sales and profitability, including commission and management objectives
- Develop a robust sales management structure to support the collaboration and development of their sales organization, setting agendas and executing on key priorities
- Develop strategic sales plans for single and multi-site accounts, including but not limited to program offerings and promotions.
- Implement tools and messaging to support targeted sales efforts
- Build direct relationships with KOLs and actively develop networks and relationships
- Evaluate performance and effectiveness of their sales team against sales targets and client service measurements, take corrective action if required
- Establish strong knowledge of competition and key customers within the regions to direct sales efforts
- Manage sales relationships in existing accounts to strengthen relationships and identify new opportunities for expansion, up selling and retention
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 15 plus years of relevant business experience in sales
- Minimum of 10 plus years large account management experience within the dental industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience in dental office selling preferred
- Five (5) years demonstrated ability to build and lead sales teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound decision making
- Innovative thinking
- Strong planning and tactical execution
- Experience developing business programs and measuring effectiveness and results
- Ability to work with and develop key accounts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday. Employee must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, scanners, copiers, etc.). A large portion of the day is spent communicating orally in person and by phone. Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Some light lifting may be occasionally required.
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you will be encouraged to actively participate, and your ideas can have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters, please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer