Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Area PVC Specialist will propel sales for the complete line of GAF PVC Roofing Systems. This includes identifying opportunities, generating leads, deepening the roof specification network, teaching and demonstrating products. He/she must maintain contractor target and project lists to ensure proper balance and alignment with the opportunities to support the PVC sales strategy within their region or area. This role will be accountable for influencing the key decision makers in the commercial construction process to increase sales opportunities for GAF and its customer base.
- Influence key decision makers in the commercial construction/roofing process including: architects, roofing consultants, specifiers, Owners, State, County and City Departments, Engineers, Builders, General Contractors, Developers and Sub Contractors
- Manage, track and distribute significant projects to increase sales opportunities for the assigned Area throughout a multi-month or multi-year sales cycle.
- Build/strengthen relationships with the local specification community (roof consultants, specifiers, architects) especially those who are active in specifying PVC roofing.
- Work with territory managers to build relationships with current Preferred Contractor base. Identify gaps in the market and identify target PVC contractors for conversion. (Note - relationships with the local contractor base is the primary responsibility of territory managers.
- Voice of the customer: Identify externally and communicate internally essential technologies product line presentations, and continuing education presentations, with the objective to have GAF PVC systems specified and installed
- Accountable for utilizing commercial construction data base (Dodge), industry events and GAF website for lead generation. Also, utilize CRM and current marketing tools (AIA presentations, literature, samples, etc.) to support selling efforts.
- Industry involvement: Actively participates, where appropriate, in associations and attend trade events, such as AIA and ASLA to support education and events throughout the architectural community
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with applicable demonstrated commercial sales experience in a building materials environment.
- 10-15 yrs of industry experience and insights related to commercial construction, building materials and commercial roofing.
- PVC experience is a must
- Specification Sales experience of 5 yrs.
- Advanced communication, presentation and organizational capabilities required
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills required
- Proficient use of commercial construction database such as Dodge Analytics and CRM tools.
- Ability to influence others is essential
- Proficiency with MS Office products as well as proficient use of commercial construction databases.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).