Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, is responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities of workers engaged in the shipping and receiving of material and the packaging of WIP to finished goods in the repack area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Studies shipping requirements to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and
shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes, and rates and is authorized to make decisions for same.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping procedures and activities to insure accuracy,
completeness, and condition of shipments and has authority to make decisions for same.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of
shipments. Determines space requirements for WIP storage to support the repack area.
- Determines routing and legal road limits of trucks according to established weight limits and
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work
areas. Directs and manages the stocking of partial WIP storage to support the repack area.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Responsible for the direction of packaging racks, boxes, etc.
- Works with other Area Managers to maintain flow of WIP to outside processors and/or to the
- Maintain and function in the capacity of a backup to the Materials/Shipping Coordinator, also responsible for interactive systems such as Ford’s DDL.
- Ensure that team members work safely, produce quality parts, meet production goals, raise awareness and constructively solve problems on the shop floor.
- Prevent the reoccurrence of making non-conforming parts by generating ideas to
either detect or eliminate.
- Audit the team's performance.
- Directs Team Leaders, Material Handlers, Materials/Shipping Coordinators and Shipping Assistants assigned to the Shipping / Receiving Area Manager.
- Set up procedures for the implementation of process control in the shipping/receiving area.
- Assist with cross-training team members to create multi-functional employees.
- Teach, train, coach, and assist team members and have authority to discipline as needed.
- Assist in scheduling overtime.
- Assist in LTA activities that will reduce cost or increase performance that the area manager
will oversee and help implement.
- Follow up on container tracking and issues for timely customer compliance.
- Attend production, safety, quality, and current event meetings as required.
- Maintains established employee relations policies and safety and health regulations.
- Ensures that all team members maintain the quality standards set by the quality
department and can order a job to cease running if quality is in question.
- Directs all team members to meet housekeeping standards at the plant level.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
- Responsible for the receiving process/area.
- Gather and analyze MOS data.
- Prepare daily and weekly production needs reports.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Training and experience: Prefer high school diploma or the equivalent. Supervisory experience is preferred. Knowledge of Ford DDL helpful.
Computer skills, good verbal and written communication skills.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to the floor, exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10
pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual activity is required to read computer screens and other documentation.
Normal office and warehouse/loading dock environment.