At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for multiple On-site and Off-site Reprocessing Centers managing daily production while ensuring all quality standards are being executed. Ensures Hospital C Suite Customer expectations are met by pro-actively managing activities and complying with all contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training and communication to sterile processing department management and employees. Works collaboratively with STERIS leadership and support functions to ensure all aspects of the facility, environment and safety are maintained and developed according to activity demands. Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the team in conjunction with the standards set forth internally by STERIS QMS and by the Department of Health, TJC, DNV, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN.
- Ability to motivate and manage a leadership team to provide excellent day-to-day service to support the operations of multiple healthcare sterile processing departments both on and off site and ensure deliver of the overall target and business plan.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities to provide additional services by building and maintaining strong Customer relations and ensures the satisfaction of Customer deliverables
- Determine the appropriate staff mix for multiple departments at multiple sites and properly aligns staff with fluctuating demand and ensures leadership team possesses this same ability.
- Builds a team with the necessary knowledge and skill to meet and keep ahead of the Customer needs and demands.
- Motivational leader that has the ability to build and maintain positive Employee Engagement while instilling a culture of safety and retention
- Builds a web of influence with decision makers at the highest level of the organization.
- Ensures delivery of Customer Key Performance Indicators. (KPI’s)
- Leads the resolution of Customer issues in a timely and efficient manner by discovering the root causes of problems and develops a plan with measurable outcomes to track progress
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the contract(s) and maintains strong relationships to ensure a high-quality product is provided in relation to contractual scope.
- Facilitates Quarterly Business Reviews with the Customer, or other quality review requirements as outlined in Customer agreements
Duties - cont'd
- Demonstrates understanding of the Instrument Processing Division’s processes and the ability to manage, train and implement in multiple sites and the ORC while focusing on continuous improvement
- Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversations, new services, and programs in conjunction with the contract and STERIS Key Stakeholder to improve Customer service
- Possesses the ability to effectively manage a P&L with a large budget and can drive down costs each year through staff development and continuous improvement
- Uses Non-conformance documentation to identify areas of deficiencies and creates corrective action plans to manage improvement
- Ability to effectively translate and implement business strategy
STERIS Collaboration & Support
- Collaborates with Operations Team, Business Development Team and STERIS IPT and Service Teams to grow market share and achieve business objectives.
- Drives the growth market presence of STERIS business offerings in collaboration with STERIS teams.
- Executes Customer contracts in partnership with the Business Development Team by ensuring on-site support during pre-Transition and Go Live ensuring steady state service provisions are identified and available by utilizing ORC Operations teams.
- Manages Customer invoicing questions, manage Customer credits and justifications, and ensure process for providing Finance the needed Customer information and billing data is correct and accurate.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 8+ years experience as a Senior Leader in a Sterile Processing Department preferably supporting a minimum of 25 Operating Rooms. Previous IDN experience is strongly preferred
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM required. If not certified at point of hire, it must be obtained within 12 months of hire
- Must possess solid managerial, analytical, organizational skills and financial acumen (8+ Years)
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth (8+Years)
- Must have experience in process management and quality control (7+ Years)
- Must have solid understanding and leadership experience in Lean Manufacturing (4+ Years)
- Excellent multi-tasking, priority setting capabilities (4+ Years)
- Must be proficient in project management and strategic thinking (4+ Years)
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills (4+ Years)
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (4+ Years) Must be capable of learning additional software as required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Instrument tracking software and employee management system experience a plus (1+ Years)
- Medical instrument knowledge a plus (1+ Years)
- Knowledge of Sterile Processing, Operating Room and Material Management functions a plus (1+ Years)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Possess an understanding of accountability tools - Coaching documents, Objective Setting, Performance Reviews
- Ability to stay calm and maintain a high level of professionalism under high pressure situations
- Ability to apply critical thinking during times of need
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis
- Ability to build project plans
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.