Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (WMI) an award winning producer of commercial grade lawn equipment, in Frederick Maryland, is looking for an experienced, hands on, technical Manager to oversee operations in our Assembly Department.
This position will work closely with the first and second shift Supervisors; leading, directing, and coordinating the overall operations of the Assembly department. This includes ensuring and improving the safety, quality, productivity, cost control, and positive team member relations; using the principles of Lean, and other strategies and division directives outlined by the company. Our Assembly process is quite complex and needs an experienced, technical, hands on leader to assist us in achieving goals and growth.
The schedule for this position will typically be Monday through Friday approximately 8:00 AM-5:00 PM so as to cross between first and second shifts. There may be times when the Area Manager will be required to cover a specific shift due to work load, absences, special projects etc. First shift works 5:30 AM-2:00 PM and second shift, 4:00 PM -12:30 AM.
Primary responsibilities to include:
Successful Production Supervisor candidates should demonstrate the following:
*Advanced practical knowledge of mechanical Assembly processes, including the ability to learn new processes and train others.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills in English
· Advanced leadership/management skills
· Lean methodology knowledge
· Manufacturing and product knowledge
· Excellent math and analytical skills
· Active listening and interpersonal skills
· The ability to read, understand, and apply manufacturing documents
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, ERP / MRP systems
· The ability to perform in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Problem solving (by RCA) and resolution
· The ability to address behavior and skill gaps; and, counsel and coach team members in a timely and effective manner.
· High awareness to detail and ability to multi-task
· Desire to continuously learn, apply, and share learning.
Wright Manufacturing is proud to offer Production Supervisors the following benefits:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Company Paid Life Insurance and long term disability
· Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts/Dependent Care Savings Accounts
· 401(k) with a company match of up to 4% of your contribution with full vesting upon eligibility
· Paid Leaves starting at 120 per year
· 8 PAID Holidays
· Voluntary Short-term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
Salary range $75,000-$85,000. Depending on qualifications
Due to the volume of applications received only those applicants identified for the interview process will be contacted.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We work hard and care deeply. Why? Because quality matters. Our customers depend on our team to build a quality product.
At Wright Manufacturing, Inc. we are “More than just a mower”… Find out why at www.wrightmfg.com
WMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.