Lead and coordinate activities of hourly production workers engaged in the manufacturing of products in accordance with safety, quality, build schedule, and labor standards. Work closely with the production supervisor to develop and improve production-related processes and equipment/tooling. This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of employees staffed in the designated area.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains compliance with safety programs and guidelines to ensure clean, orderly and safe working conditions.
· Ensure production employees understand and comply with Standard Work Instructions, Lincoln Process Specifications, Inspection Records, Training Documents and other work instructions.
· Assist and support Engineering with troubleshooting and determining root causes of problems associated with manufacturing, testing and cycle time reduction at individual work cells.
· Minimize scrap and maintain quality goals
· Ensure that production personnel are assigned to areas where documented training has been completed.
· Remove roadblocks for the team in the area by serving them and providing knowledge that they need
· Ensure job travelers are filled out correctly.
· Provide recommendations for safety, quality, delivery, and process improvements.
· Maintain a collaborative working relationship with all work areas.
· Support, train, and develop production employees in performance of assigned tasks and compliance with Company policies and procedures to achieve Operator Certification.
· Teach and coach team members on why they do the tasks that they do.
· Perform other functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Good analytical skills, problems solving skills, communication skills, time management skills and leadership skills.
· Basic level knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel required.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment with a strong sense of urgency.
· Knowledge of hazardous waste handling.
· Knowledge of general OSHA regulations.
Credentials and Experience
· High School diploma or GED
· 2+ years of directly relevant working experience preferred.
Other Skills/Abilities or Special Requirements
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 12 hours or more per day