AREA HR DIRECTOR
The Area HR Directors will be based out of a designated home manufacturing facility. They will also be responsible for the HR generalist needs and results of three to no more than four other area facilities. The Area Director will work closely with the Complex HR Manager and operations team for the area facilities. The designation of the Area HR Director will be determined by the individual’s skills set. The accompanying locations will be determined primarily by geographic proximity and secondarily by business unit or other significant drivers, e.g. labor. Estimated travel will be approximately twenty-five percent (25%).
The home facility for an Area HR Director will have an elevated secondary position of “Assistant HR Manager.” The Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of HR activities for the home facility. The Assistant HR Manager position is a key role in the development of bench strength for future Complex HR Managers openings.
- Communicate, coordinate and execute PPC strategies and business unit/facility tactical initiatives for their home facility;
- Through the Complex HR Managers in their assigned area, oversee and insure the communication, coordination and execution of PPC strategies and business unit/facility tactical initiatives;
- Provide counsel to home and area facilities HR and Operations management on complex employee relations, policy, compliance, and legal issues;
- Provide focus, accountability and drive ownership for key performance indicators (overall performance management);
- Oversee the development of the overall talent within the home and area facilities (skills and people gaps).
- Retention (production/maintenance and management);
- Percent of standard crewing;
- Agri-stats labor cost per pound (with operations);
- No regulatory agency negative findings;
- In non-union facilities, maintain union free status;
- Talent Management
- Completion of designated training modules;
- Maximizing the fulfillment of all designated feeder programs (Interns, Trainees, QA, Lead, etc.);
- Identification and execution of succession planning;
- Activity and impact of community relations initiatives.
- 7 to 10 years experience in HR management or supervision required
- Multi-site responsibility preferred
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and HR-SAP)