Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Responsible for an assigned area of responsibility on a project. Reporting to the Project Director/Project Manager or the Construction Manager, the scope of this position includes the work of overseeing engineering, procurement, contracting or construction activities of third party services providers (engineering or construction companies) who are providing services to advance the evaluation or detailed engineering and construction of mining and metallurgical process facilities, from early scoping and definition stages through detailed engineering and procurement phases and finally to field erection and commissioning of constructed process facilities, with hand-off to the site operations team for beneficial operations.
- Work with the project team to complete engineering and construction of complex mining and metallurgical process facilities projects, both domestic and international
- Work with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure delivery of required deliverables, under combined schedule and cost constraints, especially as they relate to the area assigned
- Assist with development of scopes of services and work to be performed by others, participate in project execution planning, budgeting, scheduling
- Collaborate with the project team in the selection of engineering and construction contractors to complete the work
- Review engineering and construction of facilities and systems in assigned area
- Collaborate with other members of the project team to ensure that work is consistent with assigned scope of work
- Conduct day-to-day inspections of assigned area and report deficiencies to supervision
- Review engineering and construction for compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety rules, and applicable codes and regulatory requirements, and for suitability to the needs and intent of FMMC
- Monitor field QA/QC programs and report deficiencies
- Assist with the development of corrective action when required
- Monitor progress of the work and project costs in assigned area, work with FMMC controller's group to facilitate reforecasting of project costs
- Assist with processing change requests within assigned area
- Expedite operation and maintenance documentation, recommended spare parts lists
- Report progress and status, for assigned areas
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline, OR
- High School diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in Engineering discipline or Field Construction
- Experience reading and interpreting Engineering Plans and Specifications.
- Experience with reviewing and monitoring construction schedules.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability