About the Company
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding $2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates eleven brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.
Functions: The Architectural Sales Rep is responsible for promoting the full line of Glen-Gery products and services to architects and other design professionals in their assigned territory. The ASM will be responsible for calling on architects in their territory, generating specifications, handling job registrations, boost company brand through design studio networking events and reporting monthly on the territory activity to the Regional, Sales Manager.
Coordinates with: Plants, Sales Team, Management, Technical Services staff, Distributors, Architects, Design Advisors, Construction Managers, Vendors, General and Masonry Contractors, Engineering Firms and others as necessary to maximize production/shipping and promotion capabilities at all Glen-Gery locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve or exceed sales goals by generating specification of Glen-Gery products through networking, leads and referral generation
- Generating sales by acquiring new customers while building loyalty within existing customer relationships
- Perform historic and current market analysis to identify market opportunities and appropriate market segmentation
- Promoting GG products and design ideas to owners, architects, contractors and distributors to include delivery of onsite and design studio presentations
- Monitor, review, and report on sales performance and develop plans to improve market share monthly
- Maintaining exceptional level of expertise on products/services relating to GG customers, as well as staying abreast the competitive landscape
- Participate in professional industry organizations (BIA, CSI, AIA, etc.) including promotional events, seminars and presentations
- Coordinate with local Design Studio Manager to organize networking events with existing and potential customers, architects, vendors, etc.
- Work with marketing department as necessary to provide annual BIA project submittals and other photography to support GG in market.
- Coordinate periodic plant visits with customers, architects, engineers, etc.
- Responding to client concerns and applies independent decision making while striving for first-time resolution on all client problems/issues.
- Ensuring quotes and orders are accurate following company sales procedure
- Attend weekly sales meetings with team to stay informed, educated and motivate
- BA or BS in Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in architectural selling related to construction materials - preferably masonry products
- Hands-on approach to problem solving regarding sales, service and promotion
- Self-motivated, high personal drive with a disciplined approach to working individually and utilizing resources to assist with accomplishing goals and objectives of the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, good presentation skills and a professional demeanor
- Must model and drive a culture of integrity, responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Dodge)
- Ability to strive for continuous improvement, must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage, set deadlines and prioritize initiatives
- Able to travel daily on a local basis and overnight on occasion (design studio, supply centers, plant visits, seminars, sales meetings, etc.)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and as such the employee will also be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as may be assigned by the Manager and/or other senior management personnel.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401(k) plan. Please apply online at www.glengery.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer