BŌK Modern is an architectural metal systems company based in San Francisco and San Rafael, operated by architects and industrial/product designers. We specialize in ultra-modern architectural metal systems for balcony guardrails, stair guard rails, wall screens, canopies and fencing among multiple other solutions. You will be participating in a wide variety of national and international landmark projects, developing design and technical ideas to facilitate a client’s vision.
Our products are contemporary and cutting edge. We are looking for someone who is interested in being part of a fast-growing company that is set to become a leader in the architectural metal industry. Our clients are architects, interior designers, and major construction companies nationwide. Please visit our website at www.bokmodern.com to learn more about us.
We are seeking an Intermediate level Architectural Drafter with multi-residential, mixed-use and/or commercial projects experience. Our ideal candidate is an individual who thrives in architectural detailing, coming up with design and technical solutions for diverse range of architectural products on buildings.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to expand their architectural detailing skills beyond conventional architecture. You will be working directly with project design managers to resolve challenging design and technical solutions by preparing shop drawings and installation detailing for BŌK Modern’s proprietary architectural metal systems.
Please note that this opportunity is open to onsite or remote employees located in California, Texas, Oregon, or Florida. For remote hires, BŌK Modern will provide all expense paid (travel and lodging) onsite training, and the employee can work remotely after that, with on-site meetings with the team monthly.
- Minimum 3 years in the architectural or structural engineering drafting and detailing
- Experience with exterior detailing
- Excellent AutoCAD drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- College degree is strongly preferred, but equivalent experience in the field will be considered.
- Experience in multi-family, mixed-use and commercial projects as well as a diverse range of building types and uses a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with construction detailing in diverse range of building types.
- AutoCAD proficiency a must; Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch-Up, Revit and Photoshop a plus
- Must have willingness to learn SolidWorks program
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong sense of commitment and responsibility for final product
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills
- A very fast learner and have the ability to multi-task well
- Proficient in Microsoft, Word and Excel
- Organized, punctual and a self-starter
- Autonomous, proactive and professional attitude
- Punctual and disciplined
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio of relevant work, including a recent Construction Document set:
Thank you to all candidates for their interest; please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.