Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As an Architectural Designer, you will work with various teams of Architects and Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with lead licensed Architects and other experienced designers to create architectural design solutions for our teams and for our client’s manufacturing, distribution, industrial and commercial facilities.
- Develop architectural design on multi-discipline project teams in an A&E environment including coordination of all work between engineering disciplines.
- Defines the facility program requirements based on an understanding of the client’s environmental needs derived from meetings with the Client and the review of any documentation provided by the Client.
- Supports the facility program requirements based on an understanding of the client’s specifications
- Conducts code research specific to the project site, program and proposed use.
- Creates floor plans, code summaries, scoping documents, renderings as needed to communicate concepts and scope of work to the Client.
- Develops the base plan and communicates requirements to other engineering disciplines or sub consultants.
- Develops schematic design including sketches.
- Researches material options or alternative building methods in an effort to deliver the optimal solution for the Client.
- Develops specifications and oversees preparation of plans for permit acquisition and construction.
- Answers RFI’s and reviews submittals and shop drawings throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
- Works collaboratively with other Architectural designers and sub consultants working on the project team.
- 3+ years of industrial architectural design experience with ability to lead the facility design from the programming/concept phase through the production of construction documents, permit acquisition, and site implementation on multi-discipline projects in an A&E environment.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new/greenfield facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings is desired.
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on industrial installations of utilities equipment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Must be proficient with Revit.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Associates degree in design preferred
- Bachelor of Architecture degree (BArch) is highly desired
- Master of Architecture (March) degree is desired
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.