Job Title: Architect
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and we perform nearly $1B of construction projects per year with over 2,900 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: This position will work with our nationally recognized Design-Build team assisting with the assembly of designs, estimates and ultimate construction of entire food manufacturing facilities constructed across the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely on construction plans and specifications with clients, outside architects, internal engineers and other professionals during conceptual and final design
- Ensuring appropriate construction materials are incorporated into designs and conducting thorough review of subcontractor/vendor shop drawings to ensure design intent is met
- Completing both conceptual and detailed take-offs of architectural, civil and structural elements of buildings to be incorporated into the overall project budget or Guaranteed Maximum Price
- Assist management with the identification, prequalification and bidding of architectural, civil and structural scopes of work.
- Providing technical advice to other members on the D/B team
- Assisting project management staff in obtaining local planning and/or building regulations approval
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by subcontractors and/or our own trades, specifically regarding architectural elements of construction
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Architecture (essential)
- 5+ years of work experience in architectural design (essential)
- Experience in the design and construction of food manufacturing and cold box (refrigerated) buildings
- Architect’s license in Indiana
- Ability and willingness to travel for work
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations
- Ability to assemble bid set (RFP) drawing packages
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines
- Experience with subcontractor management
- Experience in project management
- Good communications skills and ability to communicate with customers on remote sites (travel required)
Employer may test prospective employees for the presence of drugs, but must first inform prospective employees that they must undergo testing. Should the prospective employee refuse to provide a sample, or should the sample test positive, the employer may reuse to hire the prospective employee.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled