Naumann/Hobbs is looking for YOU to fill our Accounts Receivable Coordinator position in the Phoenix, AZ area.
We are the largest Material Handling Equipment Company in the Southwest. Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Inc. sells, rents, services, and supplies parts on an extensive line of material handling products. We are a staple in the Valley with almost 70 years of business experience and over 100 million in annual sales.
The AR Coordinator will organize client invoices and mail as requested. Manage client invoice copy files, opening and distributing department mail, check stub and bank deposit file upkeep, daily credit card deposit processing, administering customer invoice payments, checks or electronic payments, updating client payment records and the AR ledger, and answering AR customer phone inquiries. Research and handle customer charge-backs, returns, and bad checks, and adjust the AR ledger as directed.
What you will do:
- Mails form letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Assist with approving and creating new customer accounts. Run credit checks on applicants and set up terms for billing.
- Resolve Billing issues when customers do not pay their invoices on time. Answer questions customer have about their charges and help error -check the customer’s account data.
- Create Financial reports and coordinate with other accounting staff and managers to help with monthly G/L journal entries and accounts receivable reports. Assist with daily billing reports that note any changes to the customers payment terms.
- Confers with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer.
- Notifies Credit Manager or Assistant Credit Manager if customer fails to respond.
- Researched and identified refunds processed in error totaling over $10K; requested stop payment on refund check; submit requests for error to be corrected.
- Handle key international accounts and reduced Global AR balance by 30% prior to yearend close
- Communicate with Partners daily inquiry that need legal attention to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Consistently research and identify misapplied payments and make adjustments to customer accounts.
- Initiates processes by establishing expertise relationships with accounts by streamlining duplicate payments, seeking correct contacts to help resolve issues with outstanding balances.
- Working closely with management for month end, quarterly and year end close by accurately forecasting monies that will come in prior to the dates of close.
- Proficient in excel by using v-lookups and pivot tables to maintain accurate reporting
- Contact’s delinquent account customers in person.
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts.
- Order’s repossession or discontinuation of service.
- Sorts and files correspondence.
- Receives payments and makes sure that pay amounts are posted to customer account.
- Grant’s extensions of credit.
- Traces customer to new address by inquiring at post office or by questioning neighbors.
- Reconciles large accounts (payments posted vs. amounts billed).
- Posts Journal Entries to clear accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted accounting principles and accounting cycle
- Proficiency with accounts receivable process
- Data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Education and Experience:
- 1-5 years of workforce experience
- HS Diploma
- Experience in accounting software required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a general accounting position
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see computer screens and documents and read and synthesize the information and data.
- To sit for extended periods of time
- The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and lift/move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is required to regularly use hands to type and use a computer.
What will we do for you:
- Positive work environment that encourages growth and offers a work/life balance
- Monday - Friday work week
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick time
- Discounts at major retailers and more
Naumann/Hobbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening check.