Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Purpose: Construct, refurbish and repair mold components using manual or CNC machines.
Location: St. Joe Tool Shop Facility (Evansville, IN)
- Use caution and support facility systems to assure safety event free facilities.
- Respond to any emergency or potential emergency following established procedures.
- Observe, respond and report any instance of product, service, or quality systems non-conformity.
- Security diligence: maintain control of key cards, prevent unauthorized entry to facilities by non-Berry employees, and proper maintenance / security of Berry equipment.
- Successfully complete Primary Duties as outlined in 4.0 and associated training.
- Pause activity and notify Safety lead in any facility regarding instances of potentially unsafe work environments or employee and supplier practices.
- Initiate action to prevent occurrences of any non-conformity of product, service or quality systems.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Suggest actions for continual improvement to products, processes, facilities or systems and verify the implementation of solutions.
- Assemble and check all types and styles of injection or blow molds.
- Operate assigned make of manual or CNC machine(s).
- Use precision measuring tools to accurately record dimensions of components.
- Assist superiors in any day to day activity.
- Maintain cleanliness of shop.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Build skills to hold tight tolerances in efficient time.
- Increase understanding of Tooling blue prints.
- High school education / GED equivalent.
- Able to accurately read blue prints.
- Ability to climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic, low clearance areas while not posing a safety risk to others. Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
- Ability to push/pull loads of approximately 75 lbs at a minimum of 10 times per day/shift.
- Able to stand/walk for 7.5 hours of an 8-hour shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.