About JLG, an Oshkosh company
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products—including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories—can be found all over the world.
The Production Apprentice will support the production workforce in various spaces. The main objective of this role is gain knowledge and understanding of the production industry. This role will be a hands-on learning experience while assisting in different production projects and process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Job Shadow both salaried and production workforce to gain knowledge and insight in the production industry.
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements. Lift and stack completed subassemblies and parts up to 35lbs.
- Assemble and/or install a variety of major or min subassemblies, parts, and systems.
- Operate a variety of basic hand tools including, but not limited to: battery-powered drill, impact tools, and torque wrenches.
- Provide support on Materials tasks and day-to-day activities as needed such as: inventory verification, locating missing parts, supporting material routes, setup/layout of work centers, work center updates and audits.
- Support the Supervisor & Group Leader with various production needs such as line shortages and quality gate checks
- Support Engineers through work station design and tool-board set ups.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and support completion of CI board items.
- Participate in engagement activities, such as: Feed Forward activities, and Safety Teams.
- Perform production duties as needed.
- High School/GED enrolled student.
- Must be a Junior in the upcoming school year.
- Interest in production industry.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.