Job Location: 11 - Kansas - Shawnee, KS
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $13.50 - $27.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Local Travel Only
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Construction
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions is expanding their staff and seeking an Apprentice Electrician to join the Shawnee, KS team.
As an Apprentice Electrician you will work under the guidance of a Journeyman level electrician assisting in the installation, alteration, addition, and/or repair of electrical systems on commercial work sites. The ideal candidate will be working towards a career in the trade with Facility Solutions Group.
An Apprentice Electrician will:
- Enrollment and advancement in company provided apprenticeship training program.
- Gather tools and supplies to be used at work site.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring.
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
- Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Help in securing, relocating and organizing materials, small tools, and equipment from and back to appropriate storage areas.
- Keep work area clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
- Assists in pulling wire, lifting, hoisting and positioning materials.
- May operate hand tools and equipment under direct supervision of a Foreman or more senior electrician.
- Assists in mounting and strapping conduit.
- Assists more senior personnel in electrical installations, connections, and terminations under close supervision.
- Performs other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- MUST be able to pass a background screen
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Positive customer service skills
- Ability to take direction and work well with others
- Stable employment
- 401K Program with matching contribution
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
FSG is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.