Title of Position: Apprentice Electrician Location: South Plainfield, NJ FLSA Status: Non Exempt
At Silvi Materials, an Apprentice Electrician works alongside our Industrial Electricians on our electrical installation, maintenance and repair of panels and electrical machinery. They demonstrate initiative, responsibility, have good interpersonal skills and are adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment. We encourage Industrial Electricians to participate in company paid, continuing education to stay abreast of both the technical knowledge related to their profession and to the changes related to safety compliance. Toward that end, we offer on-the-job training, formal course work for certifications and tuition reimbursement.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Maintenance of related electrical parts, equipment, and machinery including electric motors, network switches, AC/DC systems,PLC’s and Timer Relays
- Working with 4-20MA Controls, 120V, 240V and 480V Power
- Capable of threading/bending 2” rigid pipe
- Capable of installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors, and various control components and devices
- Capable of installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a crew
- Capable of determining materials needed to complete task
- Long term problem solving of repeat concerns and production interference Repair of high voltage boxes
- Work assignments carried out in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience required as an Electrician or related field
- 2 year’s experience or more preferred as an Electrician or related field (commerical)
- Completion of a technical school in an electrical technology career school or program highly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manual using diagram schematics and parts manuals.
- POE camera experience highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with safety regulations (i.e. OSHA, MSHA) are a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and with urgency to complete assignments.
- Ability to work outdoors, in all weather conditions.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.