This role will provide a full range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to: installation of electrical wiring systems and control systems for oilfield control and power systems manufactured at the Steffes facility. Occasional field visits may be required for maintaining and repairing Steffes products that are in service in the field and/or to collect customer feedback for future projects.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
- Always maintains a culture of safety in the workplace and follows Steffes safety procedures.
- Builds, tests, and documents installations of both basic and advanced electrical and control systems.
- Conduct work in accordance with relevant codes, customer specifications, and Steffes specifications.
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- Able to get electrical apprentice status with North Dakota State Electrical Board
- Continue education and work toward obtaining Journeyman status
- 1+ years of electrical experience is preferred
- Previous oilfield experience and knowledge is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED or higher level
- Basic computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions