Prepares and spreads custom applications of agronomy products on customers' fields, including dry and/or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants, lime and other treatment products. Performs general maintenance and repair work to keep equipment in good operating condition. Strictly adheres to established regulations and operating procedures while working independently at customer site.
Essential Job Functions -- complexity of essential job functions increases with grade level
- Prepare custom application of dry and/or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products according to customer work order. Transfer dry and/or liquid bulk products from trailers into bulk spreading vehicles. Handle, lift, load equipment and operate controls.
- Effectively operate bulk spreading vehicles including: Dry row spreader, John Deere dry body, Spreader Trucks and/or Terra-Gator. Apply dry and/or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products to customers' fields. Ensure complete coverage to designated areas. Check equipment for proper application and spread pattern and make corrections as needed.
- REQUIRED LICENSING: Licensing requirements may vary by location and are based on current state/federal regulations.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Tanker Endorsement
The essential functions below are required for all grades and locations:
- Maintain regular communication with Applicator team members and manager to ensure efficient scheduling and dispatching. Provide updates and input on equipment condition, supply of materials, productivity and other critical factors.
- Drive to customer locations utilizing Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) vehicles. Represent SSC in a positive and customer-focused manner through professional communication and proper treatment of customer land, property and all equipment.
- Properly utilize and maintain equipment. Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair to keep equipment in good working condition. Advise supervisor of complex equipment issues to ensure timely repair or replacement. Maintain up-to-date maintenance records for equipment and vehicle. Participate annually in equipment rodeos to ensure equipment quality as well as GrowMaster certification.
- Assist with taking physical inventory of fertilizers, crop protectants, and related products. Adhere to inventory control initiatives. May assist with shipping and/or receiving of various fertilizer and crop protectant products as determined by business need. Effectively utilize forklift and other material handling equipment according to facility procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Minimize waste and properly dispose of waste material. Perform all related cleaning of equipment, vehicle and work areas according to Housekeeping Plan, Manufacturer's Guidelines and SSC procedures.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as required. Learn and develop skills to enhance job performance, including: applicator techniques, account scheduling and servicing, operations procedures and safety requirements.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customer's property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- May be required to assist in warehouse or drive delivery routes for feed and farm supplies as determined by business need.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.