onsemi is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to lead the Global Applications Marketing team. This accomplished applications expert will create and drive the System Level Go-To-Market strategies around key high value and high growth segments for ON Semiconductor aligned with corporate priorities. The position will involve working with a global team of Marketing, Sales, Applications and Business Unit professionals, to align on the Vertical Market strategy for our key markets within Automotive, Industrial Automation, Energy Infrastructure and Cloud Power. As the Applications Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead the creation of technical content and training for both our direct sales force and channel partners. Your team will be the “voice of the design engineer” within our corporate marketing and web organization, and you will also lead the definition and launch of Reference Designs by working closely with our Global Solutions Engineering Centers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Lead a team of technical marketing professionals in the America’s, EMEA, and APAC.
• Work with companywide experts to derive onsemi’s total solution value proposition for applications within the strategic market segments.
• Work with the Corporate Marketing organization and other key stakeholders to generate a comprehensive.
Application Go-To-Market strategy including:
o Key Messaging and ownership of Solution area of website.
Direct Sales and Channel Enablement plans with appropriate Application Training.
o Targeted digital content – Webinars, White Papers, App Notes, Block Diagrams, Video Content, and Social Media Campaigns.
• Work with the applications teams to determine the best method for showcasing the company’s strengths.
o Design Simulations o Hardware Platforms o White Papers, etc.
• Through system level expertise and market trends, identify product gaps, competitive positions and market needs for consideration by business units for strategic new product developments.
• Represent onsemi at various Trade Shows and Industry events.
• Possess 10+ years of demonstrated success in the semiconductor industry in similar positions.
Candidates should have relevant experience collaborating with a team of product and application professionals.
The candidate must demonstrate good business sense, critical thinking skills, outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to succeed.
• 5+ years of management experience leading a team of technical professionals.
• Candidate is expected to support and/or present at various meetings and trainings, therefore candidate needs to have strong communication skills.
• Education: BSEE or equivalent experience, MSEE and/or MBA desirable.
• Travel required, including International. Estimated at 30% Preferred:
• Prefer Experience in customer-facing roles within a broad market semiconductor supplier: FAE, Technical Sales, Business Development, Technical Marketing.
• Prefer Experience specializing in Power Management technologies.
• Preferred location is Phoenix, Arizona.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.