The Applications Manager’s role is to supervise and maintain the Kamco’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Applications Manager is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of Kamco’s operations.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the company.
- Collaborate with users in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application implementation team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and outside consultants to assist with quality assurance.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold trainings as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- ERP experience is required, Microsoft Business Central knowledge is a plus, not required.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Upon hire, excellent understanding of the Kamco’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Local to New England area is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional travel (driving) to other New England based branches.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Kamco Supply Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply or View other Kamco opportunities, please visit this link:
To learn more about Kamco Supply Corp., visit us at www.kamcoboston.com