Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the Future.
We are seeking an Applications Integration Architect– Level 4/5 to provide Applications Integration leadership for the integrated of architecture, roadmaps, design, and operational oversight for the Aerojet Rocketdyne applications portfolio, which would include the secure integration of application delivery from cloud service providers, co-location service providers, and on premises data centers.
This role will be located at any of the following Aerojet Rocketdyne locations:
Los Angeles, CA
West Palm Beach, FL
Redmond, WA (Seattle area)
Stennis Space Center, MS
This role requires occasional travel to other Aerojet Rocketdyne facilities within the United States, up to 10%.
This role may be filled at this level or one level higer.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
40% - Designs and develops secure IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Performs technical planning, architecture development and application and data integration in cloud and on premise service delivery. Ability to fully comprehend the integration platforms and secure data flows between multiple application and business domains. Design and Implement integration processes between applications across cloud and/or on premise by understanding business needs, defining high level integration solution design, and conducting functional validation. Provide technical strategy for application and data integration.
30% - Lead Cloud service design and operations with specific focus on network and application integration with other cloud and on premises services to ensure the secure delivery of an integrated suite of applications. Experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS core service offerings with preference for Azure. Provide project leadership for transitioning application hosting services from on premises solutions to cloud based architectures. Develop and implement advanced foundational processes to drive process and cost efficiencies within Cloud platforms and service offerings and lead integration of Cloud service offerings with business functional applications and private networks.
20% - Develop integrated information architecture and designs which meet Cybersecurity requirements such as CMMC, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53 and support audits and vulnerability assessment as required by internal audit and external accrediting agencies. Design, implement and manage security countermeasures in partnership with Cybersecurity to mitigate application, cloud, network, or platform vulnerabilities. Provide mitigation support of audits and compliance actions, necessary documentation, and deliverables to support compliance.
10% - Provide technical leadership for resolution of application, cloud, network, and platform related major incidents.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and ten (10) years directly related experience in cloud, network, platform, and security infrastructure or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as an enterprise level cloud transformational leader with experience in the adoption and application of enterprise cloud models primarily within IaaS and PaaS solutions with a preference for Microsoft Azure cloud environments.
- Expertise in governing the cloud strategy and designs while providing subject matter expertise on cloud architecture and on premise compute infrastructure.
- Hands-on industry experience designing secure cloud solutions with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience administering a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment managed by Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Experience designing application integration solutions using the Microsoft Azure Cloud Security and Application Integration Services.
- Experience working with Azure Virtual Desktop; Azure Virtual Machine; Azure Active Director; Azure Conditional Access Policy; Azure Networking (Vnet, Peering, BGP,); supporting and creating IPsec Virtual Network Gateway, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Web Application Firewall (WAF); Hub and Spoke Topology; Infrastructure as Code via Azure DevOps; Azure Monitors / Alerts; Azure Log Analytics including Query; Azure Policy; Azure Security Center; Azure Routing Tables; Azure Network Security Groups.
- Experience working with ORACLE databases and SQL supporting legacy integration techniques.
- The successful individual will have strong Wide Area and Local Area networking skills in enterprise level network architectures, private segmented network integrations, switches, routers, and firewalls in on premise and cloud environments.
- Experience governing, supporting, and monitoring IT operational enterprise infrastructure services and partnering with suppliers on service level objectives.
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Containerization (VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift, etc)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (LDAP/DNS/DHCP)
- Experience with key Platform technical areas such as Microsoft Active Directory. knowledge, Veritas Netbackup experience, knowledge of SAN Storage systems, knowledge of authentication protocols and techniques (LDAPS/SAML/Kerberos/etc)
- Strong knowledge of hardening systems, running SCAP tools and implementing STIGs on systems
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and provide guidance on cloud, platform, and application integration solutions.
- Propose cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Drive evaluation of different platforms, gather information on differences in cloud-native implementations, and conduct research on the application, network, and platform behavior under different workloads.
- Understand cloud-native SaaS, PaaS, IaaS architecture concepts and have knowledge of best practices for security, high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements.
- Experience with both global on premise datacenter infrastructure and cloud compute operations; and with the primary focus on cloud compute.
- Experience monitoring escalation process, adhering to service management release, change, configuration, incident and problem management processes;
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, be a team player, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Capable of addressing and resolving IT issues proactively, promptly, effectivity and independently. Flexible mindset to evaluate and prioritize work with a sense of urgency. Discipline to understand and participate in change control, checklists, and repeatable processes. Demonstrate self-reliance and resourcefulness and remain calm and professional while effectively handling multiple demands.
- Certifications Preferred; Microsoft Azure Cloud Certifications, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), COMPTIA Security +
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Requires the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.