The Applications Engineer provides support and administration of the enterprise core applications such as the email environment, cloud infrastructure, endpoint management/configuration and identity management. In this role, you will serve as a second level tech support and assists other members of the IT team to resolve issues as they arise.
- Management and maintenance of E-Mail environment.
- Install, test, and maintain all cloud infrastructure.
- Development and implementation of an automation strategy.
- Maintain all end user device configuration and software by following predetermined company policies, processes, and/or procedures.
- Manage a shared ticket queue consisting of incidents and requests from employees across all Vista Outdoor locations.
- Take an active role in training and leading less experienced team members.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the development of documentation and training materials
- Escalate critical issues through appropriate channels.
- Work with end users to resolve issues and provide operational support.
- Provide input on company application purchases
- Travel may be required.
- Perform routine maintenance on supported applications and infrastructure.
- On call rotation may require work during the nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable work experience.
- 3 years of experience with administration and setup of Microsoft (or similar) Infrastructure.
- 1-2 years of experience with administration and support of Azure or other cloud applications.
- 1-2 years of experience with administration of Microsoft 365.
- 1-2 years of experience with Jira Service Desk/Software. Administration experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience utilizing PowerShell for process automation and systems administration.
- Active experience/certification in Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Proven record of identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effectively communicates instructions and technical information in a clear, precise, and understandable manner.
- Ability to maintain a high level of flexibility and to learn and support new applications.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all departments and employees.
- Strong multi-tasking and task prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Available for a 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability on a rotation basis.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application. As it stands today, employers, including Vista Outdoor, are required to take steps to implement OSHA’s rules including mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated or proof of vaccination. Approved medical and religious exemptions are allowed and all data is treated confidentially. Proof of vaccination or weekly testing are not required for roles that are remote with no on-site work.