It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
Job Title: Applications Engineer Senior
Headquartered in Arvada, Colorado, Sundyne is a leading manufacturer of highly reliable and efficient centrifugal pumps and compressors for use in the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, power generation and water processing industries. The Sundyne product portfolio features innovative high-speed integrally geared, multistage and sealless technologies that meet API and ISO standards. With a global channel consisting of more than 300 sales and service locations, and a manufacturing network that employs over 800 people across 5 facilities, Sundyne provides high quality engineered fluid handling solutions to customers around the world. For additional information, visit www.sundyne.com.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the distribution channels, fielding technical product and application questions
- Review inquiries to understand goals of the project, customer needs, and specifications to develop a quote strategy and scope of supply
- Prepare technical proposals complete with data sheets, performance curves, lube systems, seal systems and other auxiliary systems
- Collaborate with internal departments assisting in quotation and proposal development
- Technical support answering question regarding the proposal, modify proposals as needed, and participate in pre-award technical discussions to close orders
- Review customer purchase orders ensuring compliance with quoted equipment and specifications
- Transfer job with all applicable data to project management after order is received. Participate in a handoff meeting and act as a technical advisor as appropriate throughout the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Experience working in a team valuing communication, participation and involvement of others
- BS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Equipment packaging and project management experience are a plus
- 5-7 years working within an industrial manufacturing environment
- MS Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of centrifugal pumps – experience with rotating equipment is a plus, specifically those defined by American Petroleum Institute (API) (Preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge working with detailed specifications supporting general industry applications
- Mechanical training and aptitude
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer service to both external and internal customers
- Self-directed working both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Interface with vendors as needed to quote appropriate equipment
- Ability to work well under pressure within a reactive type role
- Flexibility to work multiple projects at varying stages of completion and multitask
- Perform continuous improvement projects as identified
- Position may require travel to support sales channel and customers (less than 5%)
- Ability to speak other languages a plus
If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Annual Salary: $75,000.00 - $92,000.00
The Salary offered will be determined based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and will be compared with internal equity along with market data for this position. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus through the company bonus program. This position may also be eligible to receive a Relocation bonus, payable as a taxable lump sum, in accordance with the Sundyne Relocation Policy.